The Data Exchanger is
a tool used to exchange data
between data sources. It is viewed as a generic exporter. For each
dataset it is possible to choose which attributes to export. It is also
possible to change the attribute type if the default conversion is not
supported by the the datasources involved.
Tools > Data Exchanger > Advanced... and follow the wizard interface pressing Next after each step.
- Data Source Selection:
on the left select the Datasource type and on the right select one
of the available data sources. If no one is available yet, click
on to inform the connection parameters to an existing datasource.
- DataSet Selection: select the datasets you want to transfer to another data source.
- Target Data Source: select the target data source where the dataset(s) will be stored. If no one is available, click on click on to inform the connection parameters to an existing datasource, or click on to create a new datasource as target.
- Transfer Options
- On Selected datasets frame there is a list of datasets
to be exported. For each dataset selected you can change or provide
more information on how the datasets will be
transferred and mapped to the target data source as explained in Properties and Constraints frame).
- On Properties frame the Status column of each property shows if the default conversion is supported between the data sources involved.
- default conversion is supported.
- conversion must be adapted by the user.
- Click on to access the Property Converter
Interface and adapt each property changing its name and or type.
- It is also possible to remove attributes from the list.
- On the Constraints/Indexes
frame it is possible to add constraints and indexes to the new
dataset. The existing ones are listed and can be removed . See Constraints and Indexes
Interface for more details.
- On the Target dataset information frame it is possible to change Name, Title and SRID. If a new SRID is informed the layer will be reprojected. Press Apply if something changed here.
NOTE: The SRID of the output layer
should be one of the SRID´s listed in PostGIS Spatial Refecence
System table. The message below will be
displayed when the SRID is not recognized by PostGIS:
- After all click on Commit to export the dataset to the target data source.
- Check the Data exchange summary that will report the success or failure of the whole process.
doens't recognize this projection. Please, reproject your data to a
correct one. Or save your result as Vector File, and afterwards use
Exchange to put the result in PGIS, changing the USER SRID to a valid